Sunday, August 27, 2006



I finally caught it on digital film. Oscar has this very strange habit that I am seeing more and more. He enjoys kneading Mason's manly areas whily sucking on his flank. Is he trying to get milk out of him? How do I help him understand that a 12.5 year old MALE golden retriever DOG can't be a mother to a CAT.




Also, I managed to finish Marley and Me this week (who needs sleep anyway). I can see why this book was on the best seller's list. Obviously there are going to be many people out there who don't "get it". For for many of us with big dogs, we can relate to this book at various if not all life stages of Marley. I found myself laughing and at the end (for the first time ever in a book) I found myself crying. I am glad I am not the only one dreading the day I need to say good bye to my long time companions. But the book helps remind you how much our animals can teach us. I highly recommend it for anyone who has ever owned a big dog.

No comments: