This week's learning lessons:
Learn how to pour liquid into the bowl
Learn how to mix without spill batter everywhere
Learn that different kitchen utensils have different purposes
Watch how pancakes get fluffy
Go over "hot" with the skillet
Learn how to cut pancakes into smaller pieces
Ingredients (mostly taken from the Bisquick box)
2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
1 cup milk
1. Pour two cups of Bisquick mix into a large bowl
2. Show toddler how you pour milk into measuring cup.
3. Allow toddler to pour milk into bowl.
4. Crack egg into a small bowl and allow toddler to add egg to bowl.
5. Show toddler how to mix everything together using circular motions.
See the batter getting less lumpy! Keep it up Sam.
6. Sam telling us that the skillet is HOT! Yes, yes it is.
7. Toddler adding a little oil to the skillet using a tbsp.
8. Have an adult scoop pancake batter onto skillet
9. Time to add some chocolate chips and mushed up banana. Oh yea, gotta make sure those chocolate chips didn't go bad....taste test!
10. Sam again reinforcing that the skillet is HOT!
11. Daddy showing Sam how to use a spatula to turn the pancakes.
12. Sam insisting that HE cut the pancakes into smaller bites. Yes that is a butter knife but it was good for his to practice.
13. Yummy! Also good to freeze them separably for a quick weekday breakfast.