Sunday, September 18, 2005

Humping Puppy

Last night, Nathan was playing around with the outside light. When he opened the door he saw this dog but ran off at the sight of him. A few minutes later, I saw Mason's tail in the backyard start to wag and I went outside again and saw the pup. The dog ran away again. A few minutes after that, I hear it whining and I got in the backyard and the pup has run around the duplexes to the back of the fence and was trying to get in to be with Mason. At this point I opened the fence and used Mason to try to get the pup to come back over to the front of the house and get into the gate, which he did. I quickely put Mason in the house so I could get closer to the dog. It looked like a border terrier mix, young (1yr), unneutered but it would come close to me. Nathan and I sat on the swing for a while but he wasn't interested. Nathan went back in and I decided to pat the space next to me...and POP, up came the dog onto my lap. He was a nudgy little thing too when I stopped petting him, and even gave me a little kiss. He didn't look like a stray, well fed and a very clean/shiny coat. But after he had his fill of petting he started humping my arm and then my leg. But at this point I had to go up to school to take a radiograph a ferret so, I left him outside and left. When I came back, Nathan said the pup had been crying and howling the whole time. Being too tired to deal with it, I just closed the blinds and hoped he would settle down outside and then today I would look for his owners. And after a little while he did quiet down. This morning I got up and he was gone. He had dug a little hole in the same place where Harry got out and left. I hope he found his way home.

No comments: